Zamp Solar 40 Watt Portable Solar Charging System
Setup in less than 5 minutes.
Our Portable Solar Charging System can be used as a single power source for maintaining and charging a battery. Our portable solar systems can also be used as an add-on power source to your currently solar system. Use one or more of these to add more power.
The Zamp Solar 40 Watt Portable Solar Charging System features our lightweight 8 Amp solar charge controller mounted on a steel bracket. The Zamp Solar 8 Amp Solar Charge Controller is a 5 stage PWM solar charge controller thats waterproof and weatherproof. 3 indicator lights show Faults (any errors) | Charging (solar is charging the battery) | Full (battery is full and solar is maintaining).
This 40 watt Portable Solar Charging kit provides 2.3 amps of charging power per hour under optimal sun conditions. Depending on where you live and what time of year will depend on how many hours of optimal sunlight you can expect to receive. Typically we use an average of 6 or 7 hours for the summer and 4 to 5 hours for the winter. Commonly these figures are lower than expected.
Great for small travel trailers, truck campers, camper vans and single battery systems.
(80 Watt Portable Pictured)
- 2 Class A High Efficiency, Highest Quality Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- Compressed Aluminium Frame
- Tempered glass (ability to withstand a golf ball sized hail stone at 60 mph)
- Attached EZ-Slide Legs no bolts or wing nuts
- Carrying Handle and Two Plated Clasp for Transport
- Zamp Solar Built in 8 Amp PWM Weatherproof Solar Charge Controller on Mounted Bracket
- Multi-color LED Indicator Lights for Operational Status
- Operators Manual Included
- 16' Wiring Harness with Alligator Battery Clamps and Zamp Solar Plug System
- UV Rated Wire with Estimated 15 yr Lifespan
- With Fuse Holder and Fuse
- Ballistic Nylon Case with Heavy Duty Zippers
- Class A Crystalline Solar Cells with a 25 year power output warranty.
- All of our solar charge controllers feature Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) technology. This is an algorithm that will the solar charge controller to communicate with the battery to determine at what voltage the battery needs to best charge. For any solar unit under 600 watts PWM technology is better suited for battery charging as it uses less energy for voltage controlling operations.
- New wires and Zamp Solar wire system. Our older wire design featured an Anderson wire connector. These types of connectors make a great connection but are bulky and the soldering often takes a beating in a mobile application. Our new wires are pre-molded by an American company in Chicago and have a longer life when used in an applications such our portable solar system. By having our plugs pre-molded we take the potential weak soldering out of the equation and reduce bulk greatly. An added benefit of our new wires is the RV resistant coating mixed in with the sheath. Wires that are used in an exposed environment will have a 15 year estimated lifespan.